Wednesday, September 17, 2008

started working!

Today was my first day working at Russian Oregon Social Services. I am slightly overwhelmed, but I enjoy my boss and my coworkers.

One of the best parts of my day was talking on the phone with an elderly man who wanted to volunteer for us. I heard him say "the Lord saved my chubby buns" about five times.

I hope he calls back.

2 comments:

Robert and Lisa said...

ha ha...that's hilarious. It's so awesome that you're able to use your language abilities so much. Congrats on the new job!

Tara said...

I know I'm way behind--reading catch up day! But this post made me almost laugh out loud in front of my class. Whoops! Fantastic...

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...