Wednesday, September 03, 2008
can't figure it out.
My sister received this gift for her wedding (seriously!) and now there is a debate going on in my house. We can't decide what this object is:
It appears to be a pear made of glass. There's a hole in the side. The top "stem" is hollow.
It is also made in Poland.
What do you think it is? What could it be used for? Why would someone give it as a gift? I would like some suggestions for what we should do with it. This glass pear thing has the potential to be one of the best white elephant gifts I've ever seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series
After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...
-
Okay, I have a problem. I have been going through deoderant like crazy and I can't find one that won't make my armpits itch. Here ar...
-
This is only my opinion, but here are some things I'd like to get rid of with the new year... 1. M ustaches on anything but a face (a MA...
15 comments:
Tealight candle holder.
Well, I know there's some kind of alcoholic drink where they stick a bottle on a pear tree when the pear is really small, and then it grows inside the bottle. That's my vote.
Ha! Love it! On first glance of the top photo, I admit I thought you'd posted something a touch dirty, but upon further examination, it's obviously a tea candle burner! Sweet, glowing pear to soothe your soul in the evening. For full effect, you obviously use a pear-scented tea candle.
Tea light holder.
"White elephant gift" is one potential classification for it. Also viable is "beginning of a strange collection". Next recommended step: a Klein bottle!
But wouldn't a candle burn it and leave black residue inside? I thought about it, but I don't agree that's what it is. Let's get more ideas. Haha...
Hey, nobody claimed it was a well-designed tea candle holder. I hate to see what happens when that stem gets all gunked up with soot and the thing overheats and explodes....on second thought, light that baby up and pop the popcorn!
Burn the glass? Hardly. I think you're also much less likely to collect soot since the stem is hollow.
I'd go with "poorly-designed-candle-holder."
Hi Nicole, read your post, I think it is a terranium to grow s plant in. Ot it could be some kind of device for smoking. lol.
I just consulted my co-workers, and I have more suggestions for you:
1) It's a bong. Supposedly, this is obvious. Pipe, cooling chamber, it's all there.
2) It's a great candy dish/dispenser.
3) It's a clear birdhouse (my personal favorite).
Wow, the suggestions keep coming! Haha... I'll have to tell my sister. I think I like the idea of the terrarium or the birdhouse. If it is used as a terrarium, what should we plant inside?
My vote is that its a bird feeder...
Or maybe like a kitchen herb terrarium.
Or... a bee catcher. Maybe if you stick honey inside it will be get trapped.
Okay... I think my comment was just deleted since my computer is weird. Reposting.
My vote is...
An herb terrarium thing.
A bird feeder.
A bee catcher.
OMG! I've been searching the world for just that - it's a terrarium (You grow a plant in it, seriously!) IF there was any indication of where it came from, please, please, please email me at MarkarianLA@gmail.com. I saw one in Germany but didn't trust myself to get it back to the US in one piece and could never find one here. Granted, it's a cheesy cheap gift to give someone for their wedding sans the plant or indication of what it is. If you still have this and it's just cluttering up space I would buy it from you. Thanks Lots
Post a Comment