Here are the culprits:
Deoderant #1 Dove powder scent
The problem with this one is, while it smelled good, it has aluminum in it and I'm concerned about that. It also turns all my white clothes yellow in the armpit area. After a while I get a little bit of a rash too, especially if I have just shaved. So, I discontinued Dove.

Deoderant #2 Toms of Maine lavender scent
I love the smell of lavender, but after only a couple days of wearing this deoderant, my armpits started to burn. I think that the lavender is just too strong. It also isn't effective enough at odor prevention and so I end up smelling like sweaty flowers by the end of the day and that just defeats the purpose.

Deoderant #3 Herbal Clear aloe fresh scent
I thought I'd found a winner with this one. The first day I wore it I thought, this has a good smell, and it doesn't itch or burn when I put it on. The second day was good too. Then, the third day, I noticed that I kept itching my armpit without noticing. Then, when I looked in the mirror that night, I noticed I had red spots in my armpit! No! So, even though I am currently wearing this dissapointing deoderant, it's time to make another change.

Will I ever find a deoderant that doesn't let me down? I think that maybe I'll try another scent of Toms of Maine for now. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll get one of those deoderant crystals, although I don't really like the idea of rubbing a rock-like thing in my armpit. I have also heard of people making their own deoderant. Do any of you know a good recipe?
10 comments:
I get a rash when I use the clear sticks (Speedstick, etc.), but not the clear gels--of course, I'm not that concerned about Aluminum. Maybe I should be...
Miki's terribly allergic to perfumes and has had a devil of a time finding a shampoo she can actually use.
I'll ask her if she has any good recommendations.
Jerry had this problem some years ago. He finally had to stop using all anti-perspirants and only use deodorants. He had to stop using anything for about a year and only used rubbing alcohol (once there was no breakout). He had the itching and the breakout, too. He can't use antiperspirant at all. Just deodorants. Then he doesn't have itching or breakouts. You have to let it heal up before you try anything new.
I use Suave Performance Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Invisible Solid Fresh. It has aluminum in it but I don't have much of a problem with any yellowing....you could give it a shot. Ha and I'd be weary of making your own....hehe
sounds gross, but I hear vinegar works really well.
No recipes but I've found the best luck with men's deodorant. The antiperspirant stuff wasn't good for me. So now I smell like a man but at least I'm not itchy. Oh and it doesn't turn my white shirts yellow either.
I've heard the Tom's of Maine lavender DOES make people break out in rashes...but the original is pretty awesome. I have a friend and that is the only one she can use. The lavendar was horrible for her.
Hmm...my mom used to get a special Amway kind that is unscented and non-irritating. Then I think she switched to a kind you can buy at Rite Aid. (I know that's not that helpful.) Anyway, I agree with what people have said here about antiperspirants being more irritating than deodorants. Good luck!
yeah i just wear old spice now- it's almost impossible to find women's deodorant without anti-perspirants. i like that herbal clear stuff but i have to put it on like 10 times a day to keep myself from smelling bad, and i'm too lazy for that.
Ok..you should try Rexona..Sounds weird but you can buy it in Russia and Ukraine only.My mom sent Sarah about 10 of them.I'm pretty sure that the same brand as Dove but seems Sarah likes it.I have a new one if you want to try..who knows..maybe stinking Slavics can make something good???
And don't use gels..they leave the same awful yellow armpits...Gosh..I had never had any rush or allergies...can i get some???:)
Try Mitchum. Target, Wal Mart and many grocery stores carry it. I normally have to switch every month, but I've used three or four sticks of it in a row. It's gel, and you can get unscented - so no marks on clothes and if you put it on right when you dry your arms after a shower it's totally dry before you put on your clothin. OR Adidas makes an aluminum free deoderant, but it is not an antipersperant. OR there are also mineral deoderants, which keep you from being very stinky but leave you musky and don't really do the antipersperant part.
Post a Comment