I am in the middle of a bedroom overhaul. Until very recently my room was a mess of checkers (a leftover from my high school ska days), blue walls (two different shades, mind you), and various bits of Americana I'd gathered such as: license plates, road signs, maps, and a mailbox. Well, now that I am 26 years old and a college graduate I think it's time to have some kind of cohesive theme. Especially now that I will be living in this room for the next year. As you know, I got a bed from Ikea as a graduation present. I'm still in love with it. And now I'm in the process of refinishing a secretary desk that I bought on craigslist. I regret that I did not take before pictures, but stay posted and I'll have some after pictures soon.
So, I need a little bit of help to keep going with this project!
What do I do with all of these books?!

I have too many books in general!

By the way, do you like how I've decorated my bed? It still feels like a little ship to me...

I love the little buttons on the pillowcases.
But let's get down to business.
How should I organize 10 years of correspondence?

And what the heck should I do with this?

Can you tell I'm obsessed with mail?
2 comments:
Storage baby! Put them in boxes if you don't touch it more than twice a year. Clutter only makes things feel messier, all though, you are very good at cleaning (remember Kreger's pee wall in Tairova). I still am grateful to you for that.
nichole! i can't tell you how much i love this post - love love love. first of all, i completely understand the moving in dilemna (remember my disaster?) and second, i LOVE what you've done with your room. beautiful bed (perfect for future sleep-overs with special friends?!), lovely book-case, great colors. just one question: where is the soviet winnie the pooh?
Post a Comment