
Okay, I'm off of my "lacking inspiration" thing. No more whining for me. Instead, I am going to serve. That is what makes me the happiest. I found a couple simple things to do today that woke me up a little and I'm going to continue doing little things for the people around me as much as I can. I also want to do more projects. I made a list a while back of the things I want to learn how to do:
1. sew clothing
2. braid my own hair
3. play some songs on the guitar
4. garden
5. make good bread
6. throw pots
7. start a campfire (without lighter fluid)
8. knit or crochet
9. make more complex quilts
10. paint and draw better
11. write better poetry
12. ride a horse
13. drive a stick shift
14. cut hair
15. give good massages
16. give CPR
17. play the piano better
18. make stained glass mosaics
19. fix more things on a car
20. bind books
21. have better handwriting
22. can food
23. make soap
I have dabbled in many of these things at one time or another, but now that I have time on my hands, I want to become even more domestic. I love it. I used to joke that inside I am a 50's housewife. Well, maybe I love aprons and baking, but I am not a doormat. I can reach out and be helpful to others and I can keep learning new things.
6 comments:
My advice for starting a campfire is to have way more small stuff than you think you need, or want to bother gathering. Tinder. Tinder is where it's at.
Re:13. I drove an automatic the other day. It was weird. I kinda missed the stick, despite thinking I never would.
Re:14. I am getting a little fuzzy around the edges...
Re:16. I hear they just upped it to 30 compressions and two breaths. It used to only be 15. Anyhow, don't bend your elbows. If you're doing it right, you should be cracking ribs.
Throwing pots should be the easiest one...ready, aim, FIRE! ;)
But seriously, my wife can learn you how to knit/crochet. She loves doing both. (scuffs toe on the ground) She's taught me to do both... :)
i looove this goal list. i would especially love for you to get your hands in some clay, throwing some pots - for some reason that feels like so nichole trone of august 2008.
let's talk soon, please love? i miss you incredibly and ridiculously.
i can help you with one of those things, dude. this is the most amazing bread you can make at home and it's insanely easy: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
it's impossible to screw up. no kneading!
Thanks for the bread link Alice! I've heard of this before and I really want to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.
no problem, g. i've got the 50's housewife thing in the bag, haw haw. except for the valium addiction, i'm not quite there yet. ALMOST, THOUGH. toddlers are nuts.
Post a Comment