Monday, July 21, 2008

misses VHS.

I didn't get the opportunity to see Be Kind Rewind after hours of waiting in line at Sundance, but I finally saw it and I'm glad to say it was good. I didn't wait in line for a crappy movie, even though I didn't get in. Be Kind Rewind is in the vein of movies like Nacho Libre and Napoleon Dynamite in the way the plot line runs. It feels random, but it has enough funny and odd moments to keep you interested. I loved Mos Def, he was so likable in this role and Jack Black was typical, but funny. I loved their "Sweded" versions of old favorites. It reminded me of the films that were made in high school for various class projects. This is the kind of movie I wish they made more of. It had an atypical plot, interesting, fleshed-out characters, and more than just a feel-good ending. I also learned a little bit about Fats Waller. Cool.

No comments:

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...