Wednesday, July 02, 2008

has a place for her books!

Okay, so I bought this secretary desk/bookshelf on craigslist. It was an uninspiring 70's brown. I thought about it for a while and went out and got some crackle paint finish. This is what it looked like after I finished the crackle and did a yellow wash on the inside:

Here's the crackle close up, cool huh?

Here it is, newly installed in my bedroom! I hadn't added anything to the shelves yet and I got new drawer pulls.

Here's a drawer pull close up. I think we had the same ones in our bathroom before we redecorated it. No worries. They only set me back 97 cents each. I kind of dig the retro feel.

Remember how I was whining about a place to put all my books? Well, by some miracle, they all fit on my bookshelf with room to spare! Yay!

And here's the final product. Ain't she cute? Tomorrow I'm going to get a little white chair to go with it. *sigh of relief* It's done.

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

I LOVE the crackle finish (or whatever). I can't believe you did that yourself. Really. Way to go.

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...