Sunday, November 02, 2008

recommends a movie.

The Secret Life of Bees was a beautiful movie. I knew I needed to go see it after I saw the cast, but I didn't really know what to expect out of it. It has renewed my faith in the movie industry once again. The cinematography was gorgeous. I love rural America and this film captured that sun-soaked, country feeling perfectly. It also addresses issues like racism and domestic violence in a touching way that doesn't feel too heavy. It made me cry in a couple of places and I am glad that there are films like this that incite feelings beyond a typical moviegoers expectations. The soundtrack was nice as well. I think I might buy it. I usually don't pay a lot of attention to soundtracks, but this one had a mix of both folksy tunes and soul. Mmmm.

Go see it!

No comments:

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...