Friday, November 07, 2008

is thankful for apples.

At work every day I stare at a blank, sage green wall all day. It was starting to depress me. On Monday I got a new coworker, Irina. Today she brought in two beautiful, still-life paintings to brighten up the wall. The first is of green apples, spilled across a long, white table. The second features mandarins and two glass bottles on a red table. They somehow complement the wall perfectly, which once seemed hideous. Thank you so much Irina. It's amazing what a difference two paintings make.

I am also thankful that I'm leaving work one hour early today (I racked up a little overtime) and I'm actually going out with some friends tonight. Yes, my social life is not completely dead.

Goodbye ugly green wall!

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE apples. yes.

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...