Tuesday, November 18, 2008

is grateful for seminary.

I was kind of waiting for a perfect day for this post, but I realized that there are no perfect days in seminary. Each day has a bit of rowdiness, sleeping in class, being chatty, and so on, but that's okay. They're learning, that's the point.

Today I talked with my class about sacrifice along with Luke 9:57-62. Those six verses opened up to me as I studied them last night (a blessing in and of itself) and then as I spoke with my students about the sacrifices they are asked to make. Christ asks us to make sacrifices to follow Him because He first made the greatest sacrifice for us. I am grateful to be reminded of such important, simple concepts. I am grateful for each student in the class and how unique they are. I know their lives are not easy and I recognize that coming to seminary is a sacrifice for them, just like teaching it is for me, but we are blessed because of it.

2 comments:

Robert and Lisa said...

I didn't know you teach seminary. Is it a calling you have? Rob student taught seminary for a year and loved it. He taught early morning plus another hour and even though it's hard to get up that early he found the early morning class was a lot better because they actually wanted to be there. I hope you enjoy it. How neat!

tess brown said...

I didn't know you taught seminary either. I think that's very noble and very brave of you! I'm sure you're blessing so many of your student's lives through your testimony and willingness to teach.

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...