At work today I had lunch with the most fascinating woman. She is an Old Believer, one of the Russian-speaking immigrants who came to America almost 100 years ago to escape religious persecution in Russia. As we sat together, I in my business casual slacks and and cardigan and she in her beautiful homemade dress and kerchief, in Old Spaghetti Factory it felt like we were old friends. We found much in common in our beliefs and morals. We laughed and joked together. It was one of the most rewarding conversations I've had in quite some time.
Here's my thankful post for yesterday too. It just got too late last night and I didn't get a chance to post it. I'm thankful for visiting teaching! I went last night during an endless downpour to search out the houses of my teachees with my companion and found out that it is a lot of fun to get lost (repeatedly) and get distracted during the lesson while we talked about our lives instead.
I think there is a theme here. What I'm really grateful for is my sisters, whether sisters in the gospel or otherwise. These good women fill my life with beauty and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment