
I am going back to Eastern Europe this summer, for all who are wondering where I might be: here's the beginning of a new blog that will detail my travels.
Before I leave I am documenting how I felt last time so that I can begin this trip with a new perspective, learning from my prior misconceptions. I have a feeling that this summer is going to be life-altering for me.
On a related note, Isaac and I just had a deep conversation about the possibilities that this summer might hold. I think it's going to be a crucial time for many of my close friends and for myself. I can see that many choices have led me to this point in my life. I would like to try and guess what might be in store for me, but I don't think that's possible. But there are things I would like to happen, and I will list them here:
1. Resurrect my love for Slavic culture and the Russian language
2. Finish the requirements for my major and run my ORCA project
3. Make some new friends
4. Lose a little weight while running around there
5. Finish War and Peace (I didn't make it the first time)
6. Visit some people I left behind
What do you want to happen this summer?
2 comments:
Take me with you!!!
Mmm, probably not happening...
Fine. Okay, compromise. When you get there, bring it back for me!
I'm really excited for you. This summer holds so many possibilities for you and all of us. Read Elder Wirthlin's talk from the priesthood session of conference. He talks about accomplishing goals and things like that. It was my favorite talk.
Thanks for talking last night. We'll keep up our Sunday conversations next fall. I really do feel inspired when I get to talk to someone like that.
Post a Comment