Thursday, February 01, 2007

falls asleep in the temple.


It is inevitable. But mainly, I just wanted to say that today I went to the temple and gained back some perspective. As I sat talking about the intricate nature of our existence with one of my good friends I said to him, "you know, we will look back on this conversation in ten years and wonder why we were so confused and scared about where our lives might go..." When I looked around the room at the newlyweds snuggling together and the wrinkly, disheveled older couples serenely clasping each other's hands, I didn't feel my usual surge of loneliness. I felt hope that God's plan for me will be good. I recognized once again that I have done all I can, at least ordinance-wise, up to this point in my life. I am where I need to be. I hope to feel peace in my little place for as long as I need to. I don't intend to stand still and wait for life to happen to me, but I can only plan for things that concern me. That is what I'm doing.

So, here's my top ten list of why I like my life right now:
1. I am busy, but not too busy that I'm going insane. I think you could call it "anxiously engaged."
2. I have great friends and I spend a fair amount of time with them too.
3. I get to dance every day at school.
4. I am learning how to do new things like the "games" section of the LSAT and swimming.
5. My car works and gas is cheap!
6. I walk to school and listen to awesome music on my iPod daily.
7. I talk to my mom every day.
8. I'm not pining for anyone.
9. I just received two grants that will help me pay for most of my school expenses!
10. The Lord is watching out for me.

My life is simple right now and I'm glad about that. Emotional rollercoasters can be exciting but I've never really been a big fan of rollercoasters in general. I'm happy right where I am.

4 comments:

Thrasius said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate your support. You seem like a great person and I enjoyed your blog...i'll continue to follow it.
keep in touch.

Joy said...

Thanks for the reminder Nicole. You have always given me great insight and helped me to remember what is important. I just love you! What you said is so true. Uh I think that we should go to the temple sometime. I would really like that.

John said...

I'm up and running!!! Now I just need to think of something to say.

AttemptingthePath said...

That's amazing, I love perspective and the temple is an amazing place to be.

and reply to your comment it's actually a song by Ani DiFranco called Superhero.

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...