Wednesday, February 28, 2007

doesn't want to go on a date.


I'm going on a double date this weekend that I willingly volunteered for, in fact, I even suggested it. I don't know why. But the sad fact is, I don't want to! The idea of going on a date is so repulsive and annoying right now. I hope I'll be nice to him. I don't know if I want advice, a pep talk, or sympathy, give me whatever you've got. All I know is, his name's Jerome and he sells cars. Oh yeah, it's a blind date too. Exciting.

13 comments:

l'écureuil said...

Hmmm...dating...I feel ya. Haven't been on a date in a while either. I'll be interested to find out how it goes and such. Good for you for trying though; that's more than I do lately.

Anonymous said...

I say make the best of it. Perhaps this guy is the one you've been looking for your whole life. Who wouldn't want a car salesman?

Thrasius said...

Hey, good luck with your date!

Nichole said...

Do you have a blog, Isaac? If so, I'd love to read it. :) Thanks for the advice, I guess I should make the best of it, I mean... I shouldn't complain that I can go on guilt-free dates. But I still feel incredibly adverse to it because I just don't want to "put myself out there" anymore. It's too embarrassing and painful. At least in Provo.

Thrasius said...

Hey, can I email you sometime? my email is thrasius@gmail.com

pinetree said...

Jerome huh? Sounds like he's from the hood. Good luck with everything. If all else fails, we can get together sometime after this weekend and share out dating horror stories... but I'm hoping that both of our dates go really well. Wonderful to meet you on Sunday, by the way. You're awesome.

John said...

Hey... maybe he's the Jerome from the Homestar Runner thing (see here - and be sure to wait after it looks like it's over).

If not, I am sure he's still an okay guy. I mean, anyone who has friends like HotBeardedCarSalesman can't be bad. Just keep and open mind and give the poor kid a chance.

And in defense of car salesmen, if it wasn't for one of them, I would still be driving a Honda POS with AM radio only!

Anonymous said...

nope, no blog. I'm new to this whole blog world and I'm debating on whether or not to do it. Besides, the stuff you guys write is great. I don't know if I could add too much more than what is already being said.

AttemptingthePath said...

first of all Isaac--start a blog.

secondly,i hate to say this...but with your luck, AGirlWho, he's going to be gay.

I can't wait to hear about it... It's almost making me want to go on a date so I can share the dating horror stories.

Enjoy your time with Jerome *laugh*

Ransom said...

Do you take any comfort in the fact that many people wish they had your problems? :-)

Anonymous said...

so uh...how was your date last night?

Anonymous said...

Yo, agirlwho. It was nice to meet you tonight. You're a lot crazier than I ever could have imagined. I mean that in a good way.

Later

Nichole said...

I was so happy to meet you too, Isaac! I hope you reconsider and come tomorrow. You are awesome. Take care!

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...