Saturday, October 03, 2009

New car!

Tonight I made one of the biggest purchases of my life. I am still in shock. And so is my bank account. But, oh, she is lovely. I can't get past the candy apple red paint and the growling V8. I am hooked. It was a great deal too, but I don't need to tell you that.


We've decided to give her an Indian name, because she's a "Grand Cherokee", of course. Remember Dances With Wolves? She is channeling the essence of "Stands with a Fist!"

I feel powerful!

I feel young!

I feel like I'm about to start doing my hair like this:


4 comments:

Grant Swertfeger said...

If the car is "Stands with fist" then what's your Indian name while you're driving her? "Sits on butt"?

Grant Swertfeger said...

Or, maybe you could call yourself, "Swears with finger" or "Drives with Anger" or "Speeds with Honor"... something heroic!!

Joy Glaus said...

I didn't realize that you'd bought a car until you were leaving the other night. Hahahaha. Cars are such a pain. I wish I didn't EVER have to have one.

Oliver pointed to a photo of you today that came up on the digital frame and said, "i-cole! i-cole!" and I didn't know what he was saying until I saw what he was looking at. It was awesome.

big_smartmouth said...

i think you could totally pull off that hair. you'd look hot.

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...