Last week I went on a road trip with my mom back to Utah for the wedding of some dear friends. My missionary's twin brother, Loren, was married to my friend Anne in the Draper temple on July 1st, 2009. I first met Anne in 2005 when I was still living in the Foreign Language Student Residence (FLSR). I knew her before I knew her husband or his brother. Two worlds collided when I realized that she was writing my missionary's brother when he was still on his mission last year! I felt like we understood each other's situations very well and I hoped and prayed that she would end up with her missionary. I am so happy for them. Congratulations Anne and Loren!
I've been dying to post some pictures of the quilt I made for them as well. Take a look:
I love it so much that I am making a copy for myself. I know, I have an addiction.
This is one of my favorite fabrics on the quilt. It's an Eiffel Tower print. I found it to be appropriate as they are honeymooning in Paris. Not to mention the backing fabric. I can't get enough of it. I went back to the fabric store a couple weeks ago and bought the rest of their entire stock (it was only 3 3/4 yards so I didn't go completely haywire).
With all the quilting I've been doing and the lovely trip I was able to take to Utah, this summer is shaping up nicely so far.
One last thing, the Draper temple is now my favorite because it has a quilting theme! Check out the corner windows, they have a log cabin pattern!!!
2 comments:
The quilt turned out GORGEOUS!!! Not that I'm surprised. You have a real talent. See you VERY soon!
that's so funny that you see quilt patterns wherever you go. i see layouts for scrapbooking. i don't know how many times i have used my phone to take pictures of greeting cards, billboards, etc thinking,"that would be a cute scrapbook page!" btw, you are amazing w/ a sewing machine! that circle quilt is unbelievable!
Post a Comment