Saturday, February 14, 2009

has 14 reasons.


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! 
And on February 14th, 1859 Oregon became a state, so Happy Birthday Oregon!

I also thought of 14 reasons why I feel loved...

1. When I had a nightmare last night I could wake up and listen to a tape my missionary sent me.

2. This morning I woke up to a pair of chewed moccasins, but only because I have a cute dogs who like to come in my room and try to wake me up (and sometimes get distracted and chew stuff).

3. I have good parents who care about me and do so many kind things for me I can't even list them here.

4. My siblings are my friends and I like spending time with them. I wish I could spend time with Paul and Jenna today.

5. I can pray and I know that it is heard.

6. I have seminary students who come to class and let me teach them (even though they are rowdy and I am tired and sometimes cranky).

7. I have kind coworkers who often give me hugs, pats on the butt, and candy (don't worry, they are all Russian women... wait, does that make it better?).

8. I have Ray LaMontagne's song "You Are the Best Thing" stuck in my head.

9. My sheets are red. Ooh!

10. I have good friends who contact me often and even when we fall out of contact, when we get together again, it's like no time has passed.

11. I have a blessed life that allows me to express my love for others and live in peace.

12. I can give service and I am often blessed with opportunities to reach out to others.

13. I am often the recipient of thoughtful service and kindness.

14. I know that there is a God who loves us no matter what we do because we are His children and he has given us a way to come back to Him.


No comments:

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...