Monday, August 25, 2008

quilts.

I made my first quilt when I was a senior in high school.



This is the result, a tribute to Vespa scooters, which reflected my interests at the time. I still think it's a cute quilt, even if I never got a scooter. *sniff*

Two quilts later, I am trying to move beyond patchwork. It's more difficult than I thought it would be to begin piecing a quilt together.

I am trying out a more traditional quilt style called "tree of life." Here are some of my early sketches:


It's a little complicated and I have never done such intricate piecing ever. I need quilting lessons!

I am officially turning into a babushka.

2 comments:

Kengo Biddles said...

You may be turning into a babushka, but as long as you don't eat Russian "cuisine" like one, you won't look like one. :D

rie said...

Way to go! I think you're awesome!

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...