
I had a great birthday. Thanks to everyone who expressed kind wishes by phone, text, email, facebook, and in person. I am so grateful to have you in my life. I don't expect much out of birthdays anymore, just the promise of being with the people that I love, or at least hearing from them. For the most part, my loved ones took good care of me this year.
However, there is one pebble in my shoe this birthday, or maybe it's more of a thorn in my saddle. Either way, there was one person I wanted to hear "Happy Birthday" from and I didn't. I know my missionary is busy. I know he had an eventful week last week (he had a baptism!), but all I needed were two words from him and I didn't get them. It would be understandable if it had only happened once, but it happened last year too. In 99.9% other ways he is incredibly thoughtful, but I have to admit, I'm a little peeved. Actually, more like hurt. I have already forgiven him, but I hope that he'll still say something soon.
In the meantime, my tender heart is being soothed by John Denver's "Christmas for Cowboys." I highly recommend it. It's in my new "Folky Christmas" playlist.
3 comments:
...trying my Russian best...
С Днем Рождения!
(and this is what Google Translator gave for Ukrainian)
З Днем Народження!
John Denver is part of my favorite Christmas album too! John Denver and the muppets. Classic.
Good job on both translations. Thanks Kengo!
And Mr. B, don't you love "Please, Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas"?! It's on my mix too. ;)
Post a Comment