I need to make a slight modification to my New Year's resolutions. Instead of piano lessons, which would have been great, I bought a guitar! It is a more affordable option and I have always wanted to learn to play. Thank goodness for Brian, who has been coaching me through the process. Thank you, thank you, thank you...I'm excited to start learning chords and picking through my favorite songs. First up on the list, if I can hack it, is Poison's "Every Rose Has it's Thorn," which I've always loved. If any of you have suggestions for easy songs to play, I'd love to hear them. It's kind of overwhelming and exciting to be right at the beginning of something new. I only know two chords right now. I remember when I first started playing the piano and how much of a thrill it was to learn a two-handed song. I look forward to the feeling of learning my first song.
My dogs are getting used to the guitar too. Paisley gets really nervous around it and I tried to acclimate her to it by strumming it while resting it on her back, but she freaked out. So I'll probably keep doing it, for my own entertainment.
I guess buying a guitar eventually happens when you watch too much of this:
No comments:
Post a Comment