Sunday, September 23, 2007

woke up a man.


I looked into the mirror this morning too quickly to notice the stubble on my face. Grabbing my towel and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth I quickly skimmed over them with my eyes half-shut. Once I began undressing I noticed that my "waiting for my Edward" t-shirt clung to my bulky figure and after pulling it over my face I groaned. A new crop of hair had appeared on my chest. The first thought in my mind was "argh. Today is swimming. I'll have to shave." The second thought was "wait... I have pecs." I stared into the mirror not sure if I was seeing correctly. Performing a quick survey of all major body parts I let out what was I thought would be a shrill cry. My voice gargled in my throat and I panicked. I'm a man! My roommate started banging on the door and I stifled another cry. I'm a naked man! I quickly jumped into the shower and shouted back in a gruff falsetto that I wasn't feeling well and hoped she would ease up. She pounded harder, shouting "I need my contacts. I'm already late!" Tossing aside my minuscule bath pouf and banging my head on the slanted roof of the shower, I slung my magenta towel around me, just barely, and cracked the door just wide enough to poke the contact case through. But she pushed. The door swung open and I dropped my towel out of fear.

5 comments:

playasinmar said...

Um, Congratulations?

Kengo Biddles said...

Wow. That would be one heck of a dream. If it's not a dream and it really happened, I look forward to your interpretation of Ariel at the sing-along!

Ransom said...

Yeah, I woke up a man the other day. Nobody made a big deal out of it, though.

l'écureuil said...

Eeek! I really liked this post! It makes me happy. Very creative and visual. Great job!

Nichole said...

Don't worry all, it was a creative writing prompt. I just thought it was funny, so I posted it.

Fan Cast for Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive Series

After a long hiatus from blogging, I wanted to pick up again with a book recommendation. I just finished Oathbringer , the third bo...